How to Manage Multiple Accounts on Instagram
Instagram is a perfect social media app for growing your business and engage with friends. However, sometimes you may need to have other accounts as well. Those accounts or age may be of your business or for personal use. The fact is you don’t actually need multiple Instagram apps or have app twins to have several accounts. But you can default the IG application while adding and managing more than one actually up to 5 accounts at the same time.
I know you are here searching for managing multiple accounts on IG. Don’t worry you are in the right place. Here we will show you multiple techniques/methods/procedures for managing more than one account on Instagram. Thus you can easily manage up to five Instagram accounts at a time directly within the Instagram application.
You may experience some difficulties while changing and switching between accounts. For example, the IG app may crash, but you can fix it. Also, clear your IG app cache to make it fast and secure. Now let go ahead and proceeding with creating adding, and switching between your IG account procedures…
Table of Contents
How to create another Instagram Account
You can create an Instagram account by logging in to your current account. In this particular part of the article, I will show you how to create new Instagram accounts and add them auto in the app. Meaning, the account you are creating, once complete will be instantly connected to your current IG app. Follow these steps to create a new account:
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Now tap on the Menu (3 lines at top right) then Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap on the Add Account.
- Don’t fill in the login.
- Tap on the Create New Account, at the bottom of the page.
- You will see the option for Facebook for sign-up, or choose to sign up with an Email or Phone number.
- Enter Email or Phone Number NOT used by another account.
- If you are choosing an Email, you will confirm your new account later. Then confirm your email.
- If you are choosing the Phone number, you need to enter the verification code sent to your phone. After entering the verification code, Tap on the Next option.
- Next, you need to add your Name, Password, and Instagram profile photo.
- The next step will for creating a unique username. You can include dashes, dots, or numbers.
For now, you can skip the remaining steps. Now you are logged in to your new account and can easily switch to your original account anytime you want. This is exactly how you can go for more than 1 username. Moreover, you can make your account completely private if you want to. Also if you sign up with a phone number and don’t wanna keep it there. Then consider a change that phone number in your IG app.
How to manage multiple Instagram accounts
Nowadays, it’s easier than ever to manage your multiple Instagram accounts. I mean on your smartphone by adding them to the Instagram app. All you need is to follow these easy steps:
- Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the Menu at the top right corner.
- Next, tap on the Setting option.
- Tap on the Add Account option.
- Enter the login information for the account you want to add now.
- Tap on the login option.
- To access easily multiple Instagram accounts with one login, go back to Settings.
- Tap on the Set Up Multi-Account Login option.
- Choose the account you want to use to log in to all your accounts.
- Tap on the Done option.
- Follow the steps from 1 to 5 for each account you want to add. You can add a maximum of five accounts to the Instagram app.
Note: Keep in mind that anyone who has access to the account you choose will have access to all linked accounts. So this exactly how you can add up to five IG account in your IG application. However, as per IG terms and policies, you cannot exceed this limit.
FAQs on managing more than 1 Accounts on the IG app
In most communities users are asking different questions regarding IG. However, in this short part article, I will try to answer some of the major FAQs asked on the web. At some points, there are possibilities that I could be wrong. Then please submit the correct answer below in the comment section. You can also contact me via our contact page and let me know the thing. Anyways. Here are those major frequently asked questions with answers.
How to switch between multiple accounts on Instagram
You are supposed to have up to 5 IG accounts. And you can switch between them anytime anywhere right in your IG application. Keep in mind to keep your IG app up to date. Anyways, please follow this method in order to do so:
- On your profile page, tap Your Username in the top
- Choose the account you want to use.
- Now, the selected account will be open.
- Post, like comment and engage as much as you like on this account.
How to remove one of your Instagram multi-accounts Login
You may have logged in with different profiles on IG. Sometimes you will think to remove one of them from Instagram. This is because of tons of notifications etc. However, you can easily do it. Thus in with multiple accounts by enabling Multi-Accounts Login, you will need to disable it. If it is not enabled then skip to step 4. Now follow these four easy steps to do it:
- Go to your profile in-app, Tap on Menu
- Tap on the Setting option
- Then tap on the Multi-Accounts Login.
- Dis-select that account which you want to remove from the app in the pop-up box.
Great you have removed one of your accounts from the multi-login screen. You can do so for another one. However, it’s not removed from the account from the app. It just removed the account from the Multi-Accounts Login. There are a few steps to remove one of your accounts from the app:
How to remove one of your Instagram accounts from the app
Removing one of your current accounts from Instagram is easier than before. Update your IG application and follow these steps:
- Get into your profile, switch to the account you want to remove.
- Tap on the menu and then on the Setting option.
- Tap on the Log out [username].
- Now, tap on the Log out on the confirmation popup.
You have successfully removed the account from the app. Moreover, if later one you wanna add this again you can do so by following the above method. Moreover, it is completely up to which you wanna keep and which one you wanna remove.
How to permanently delete your Instagram account
There are possibili8t that you may need to get rid of your IG account in some situations. However, thanks to IG for allowing you to do so. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to get rid of your Instagram account permanently.
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Select an option from the menu next to Why are you deleting your account? And re-enter your account’s password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after selecting the reason from the menu.
- Now tap or click Permanently delete my account.
- If you want to delete another account, click on the username in the top-right corner of the Delete Your Account page, click/tap on the Next button to username, and select the Logout option.
This is exactly how you can get rid of or delete your current IG account. However, during the process, they may ask you to confirm the action by confirming your email address or phone number. You will need to do so in order to complete the deletion process.
How to remove one of the multiple Instagram accounts linked to a single login?
You can easily remove one of your accounts from the multiple Instagram linked to a single login. Anyways, here is how to do it:
- Go to Profile and tap on Menu.
- Then tap on the Setting option.
- Tap on the Login info option.
- Then tap on the 3 dots next to the account you want to remove.
- Tap on the Remove option.
Hopefully, you have done the thing. But sometimes Instagram may ask for confirmation of your account password, email address, or phone number linked to that account. But mostly IG doesn’t. However, if they ask you to confirm that account removal.
How to change the password of the Instagram account
Sometimes you may get confused while managing multiple accounts in one single app. Then you may think of having the similar for your accounts to manage them quickly. Well, you can easily do it. Here is the easy method to do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap on the Menu
- Tap on Setting > Security > Password.
- Enter the current password and then enter a new password.
- Tap on the Save option or Tick mark in the top right corner.
Upon changing the password you may need to re-login or add your account to the IG app. However, for security reasons, it is important for them to confirm that it’s you (change the password and wanna log in again). Thus if the IG app asks for you re-login then do so to access your account.
Can people see which Instagram accounts are linked to my account?
If you are using several Instagram accounts (e.g. personal one and some pages you are running), and you are asking this question.
The answer is No. People won’t be able to see that you are the one managing different posts unless you link to the profile on the pages themselves.
In this article, we have shared some techniques for managing multiple Instagram accounts and you can easily implement these steps for your multiple accounts. You can add a maximum of five accounts to your app by following the above method or steps.