How to Clear/Delete Facebook Search History | 2021
Just like other social media platforms, Facebook is also saving your search history. But don’t worry you can view and erase it all at once or one by one permanently. The good thing is you can do it using your Facebook app and Facebook on the desktop. However, the choice is totally yours. Some people also call it Facebook search suggestions and autofill.
I will show you each procedure to wipe your search bar history on Facebook. Also, the methods via you can get rid of the autofill in Facebook search there are options available, so you can get rid of the entire search history at once or one by one.
Let me tell you that, FB search is the powerful feature we all have. But sometimes there are things we must wipe out for better results and some privacy reasons. Read also: How to Turn Enable and Disable Facebook Profile Picture Guard.
For most Facebook users, it might be hard to find out the settings for erasing the search data. But don’t worry you are here at the right place to know about the procedure and settings. Thanks to Facebook has an activity log. So let dive in.
Table of Contents
Update: How to Clear Facebook Search History
Things have been changes and the Facebook app is updated. I thought I need to update my readers with the latest procedure to delete their Facebook search history. In the new Facebook app as of 2021, here is how to do it:
Open the Facebook app and go to your profile. Tap the three dots and then the Activity log. Tap Filters, select Categories. Now tap Logged Action and Other Activity then select Search history. Here is tap the Clear Searches option to wipe all the search at once or tap the three dots next to any history and tap Delete.
Ho to Delete Facebook Search History
Are you in a hurry and want to get rid of the search bar, autofill, suggestions history? You can do so while on the go using your Facebook app. The procedure is easy and here is how to do it:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Go to Menu (three lines button at the top right), then Settings & Privacy.
- Now tap Activity Log.
- You will see two filters at the top year and category. Tap the Category and Select Seach History from the list.
- As you can see all the Searches in one place, you can view them or delete them one by one.
- To clear all the Searches at once, just tap the Clear Seach option at the top.
Android users can follow the above steps and get rid of the search history with ease. However, iOS or iPhone users can do the same, but the procedure is slightly different. Read more: How to Show Followers to the Public on Facebook.
How to Clear Facebook Search History on iPhone
You can use the below method to clear the autofill, search bar suggestion, etc on FB. Facebook on iOS devices also lets you wipe the saved data of yours anytime. We must update the app. To clear Facebook search data or history on iPhone, please follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Go to Menu (three lines button at the bottom right), then Settings & Privacy.
- Now go Activity Log.
- As you can see the two filters at the top “year” and “category”. Just tap the Category then Select Seach History from the list.
- As you can see all the history in one place, you can tap to view one or delete any of these by one.
- You can easily clear all the Searches at once, just tap the Clear Seach option available at the top.
As I mentioned earlier that the procedure is slightly different for Android and iOS users. But, it is not confusing. However, if you are a desktop user, you can do so on Facebook for the desktop.
Update: How to Delete Facebook Search History on Computer
Facebook has updated the web version and yet most people cannot use the classic Facebook version. However, there are ways to switch between the new and old Facebook design. Anyway, the Facebook web version is changed and I wanna how to clear your Facebook search history in the new Facebook design. Here is how to do it:
In the new Facebook design, go to your profile the click the three dots, and select Activity Log. Click Filters at the top left then select Search History in the list and Save Change. Then click the Clear Search option at the left to wipe all the search history at once or hover then select three dots, click the Delete to delete the history one by one.
How to Clear Facebook Search History on PC
Setting in front of your PC and wanna erase the search suggestions, autofill, and search bar history? It doesn’t matter if you are using a MAC or Windows PC. You can easily wipe the saved search data and history on Facebook for the web using your desktop. To do so, please follow me:
- Go to Facebook.com and login to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow at the top right and go to the Activity log.
- Now click the MORE option under the Comment section at the left sidebar then Search History.
- Now click Edit right to any search history then Delete.
- You can also delete or clears all the Searches at once by clicking the Clear Searches option at the top right.
That is pretty it, simple right? Some users want to check their activities on Facebook and erase the activity. If you are one of them, then this is the right place for you. Let’s get to the procedure.
How to Delete Facebook History Data via Activity Log
Just like the above, you can get rid of your Facebook activity whenever you want. You can view and erase any of your activities with ease. The below procedure is for both Android and iPhone/iOS users, so please follow me:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the Menu button, on iOS it’s available at the bottom right and Android at the top right.
- Now tap the Settings & Privacy option then go to the Activity log.
- As you can see all the activities, you can filter, view, undo, and delete any of the activities you want.
Let me clarify that you cannot delete an activity but undo it. Undoing the very recent activity will erase it from the actions. However, the two filters are available to check and view activities by date/year and category.
On Facebook for a desktop or web, it is easy to find out the activity log. Go to Facebook.com and login to your account. Now click the little arrow at the top right corner and click the Activity log from the list. That is it, now you can manage your activities from the very beginning you are Facebook.
How to Retrieve Deleted Search History on Facebook
Unfortunately, there is no way to get back the deleted Facebook search history. Because even the Activity log on Facebook doesn’t record the action such as “deleting Facebook search history” etc. Then how you can retrieve the delete search history on Facebook. You can only delete it, but you cannot undo delete it. So, please stop wasting your time looking for such a solution. If we find anything that helps in retrieving the deleted Facebook search history. We will update this article.