How to Retrieve Deleted Messages in Messenger
Do you wanna recover/retrieve deleted messages in Messenger? Don’t worry you can retrieve those conversations with ease. I am gonna show you the recovery procedure of getting removed Facebook Messenger’s conversations back.
Basically, let me tell you that there is no such way at your end to do so. I know it could be a mistake, but Facebook doesn’t have any recovery options. However, there is an alternative way can try. I will show two procedures to do so. Moreover, if it is your good luck you will have those messages back in a while.
Keep in mind that only those messages can be recovered which you have deleted recently. If you are lucky then you may get all of them back. Note that if Facebook has recently synced your Facebook Messenger data. Then it is confirmed 100% if not then it’s your bad luck, I hope you are getting my point. Here is the recent video I have posted on my YouTube channel.
Table of Contents
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages in Messenger
There is nothing required for this procedure but two simple and free apps. One is your Facebook updated app and the 2nd is the Winrar app. Both these apps are available in the Google Play Store and iPhone App Store. You can easily get them and install them on your Android or iOS device. Let me show you the procedure first:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Go to Menu then tap Settings & Privacy.
- Now tap Settings.
- Find Your Facebook Information section, then tap Download your Information.
- Deselect everything there but leave the Message option checked.
- Go to the bottom of the page then select the Date Range, File formate as HTML, and Quality as Medium or High.
- Tap Create File blue button. Sooner the copy of your message will be available in the Available Copies section and just download it.
After you follow the above steps, and everything is successful. Now you should wait for at least 10 to 30 minutes and Facebook will send you an automatic notification. The notification will contain “Your Facebook information file is ready to download“.
You can simply tap on the notification and go to the available copies section as I have mentioned in step no 7. Alternatively, you may also get a notification at your primary email from Facebook your data file is ready to download.
Remember it can take up to 24 hours depending on the file size and required pieces of information. So you need to be patient with that. You can complete the download action with browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, or UC browser. Now just login to your account and then the download should start automatically.
The downloading file may take a while depending on the file size and your internet speed. Once the download has been completed successfully. You can open the recovered messages file with a RAR application on your PC or Mobile. Also, you can copy it to your PC and unzip it using WinRAR. However, to do so on your smartphone, you need to follow these steps.
How to Open the Recovered Messenger Messages File
All you need is one simple and free app from Play Store. The app’s name is WinRAR. Don’t worry is a very simple procedure, all you need is:
- Get into the Google Play Store.
- In the Seach box, type in Winrar.
- Download and install the app as you usually do.
- Open the app and give it the permission it requires.
- Now go to the Download Folder and find the HTML file you have downloaded from Facebook.
- Open it and go to the Messages Folder, you are good to go.
That is pretty it. This is exactly how you can recover or retrieve deleted messages in Messenger. Note that there is no such way to do so, I will suggest you stop wasting your finding such a solution. Thanks to Facebook that we have the only (explained above) way to try.
There are some people who accidentally may archive some convos. So they are thinking those conversations are are no more available to them. You are wrong. You can easily get back the archive threads following a few simple steps.
How to Get Back Archived Messages in Messenger
Facebook doesn’t delete a conversation you have archived. You can read and view those chats whenever you want using your PC or Messenger app. Actually archiving a conversation is kind of hiding it from your main inbox. You can easily find and get back those archived conversations by following these steps:
- Open a web browser on your PC and go to Messenger.com.
- Login to your account by entering your email and password.
- Click the Gear/Settings icon right to your profile picture.
- Now click Archived Chats.
- You will find a list of all archived chats there, click any chat to view and read it.
That is pretty it, now you can do the same on your Messenger app also. But there is no clear option to do it. Follow these steps:
- Open the Messager app.
- Go to your profile page then tap Archived Chats.
- Tap and hold any chat to unarchive.
Alternatively, tap in the Seach bar and type in the person name you have started a convo with. Now just tap to open the chat or conversation, view, read and delete it if you want.
I think you can unarchive the chat once you open and reply to that chat. However, I have not tried it yet. You can also leave the convo as it is and let it hidden from your main Messenger inbox. Did you try any of the above procedures and recovered your deleted messages in Facebook Messenger? Let me know in the comment below and I will try to answer each comment.