How to Sign out of Gmail on All Devices
Learn how to sign out of Gmail on Android, iOS, Chromebook, browsers, etc. It’s Okay if you are logged in to Gmail on your personal PC, MAC, Tablet, Android, or iPhone. For any other and security reason, you may wanna change your desired device and wanna sign out from Gmail everywhere. That way your privacy and of course your Gmail account won’t get into the wrong hands.
If you are staying logged in to devices you are no longer using. Unauthorized personal can get access to it and that way they may expose everything to it.
Let, say you have used your Gmail account to sign up for your online banking and other private accounts. Anyone who has access to the device you were using with your Gmail can reset your password and do the thing you can’t even imagine.
In this guide, I am gonna show the best and easy way to sign out of Gmail everywhere. Below I will also provide some screenshots for your ease, which also can save your time.
Table of Contents
Logout from Gmail on Desktop
It was way easier than you think to sign out of your Gmail email account on a desktop computer. Doesn’t matter if it is Windows PC, Macintosh, or Linux OS. The procedure is the same, to do so:
- Click your account picture at the top right of your inbox.
- Now click the Sign out button under add account option.
- That is it, you will be logged out once the page reloads.
- To Sign out of another Gmail account, select the account by tapping on the account picture and repeat the same steps.
Once you do that, I will suggest you remove your password from the passwords list on your desired web browser. This is in case if someone else is gonna use your PC. Do that and your Gmail account will be safe. You can follow all of the above-mentioned steps on any PC, MAC, and Linux OS.
Sign out from Gmail on Android
There are multiple methods available you can follow in order to sing out of Gmail on any Android device. There are two cases, you may wanna remove your Google account from the Android device, or just want to sign out of Gmail in the app.
However, the updated Gmail app on Android doesn’t have the Sign out button. The Sign out button from Gmail in the Android app is gone. If you wanna remove your account from the Gmail app then you should remove it from the device too. I hope you are getting my point. No one knows it but Google is doing this, after all, it’s their property.
Moreover, that is the only possible way to log out of Gmail in the app. Don’t worry I am gonna show you the procedure with screenshots to save your time and easiness. To sign out from the Gmail app:
- Open the Gmail app on your Android device.
- Tap on your account picture available at the top right.
- Now tap Manage accounts on this device then Google.
- Select the Gmail account you wanna log out from.
- Tap the Remove option at the bottom then Remove on the confirmation.
- It may ask for the account password.
That is it, you have logged out from Gmail on your Android and Gmail apps successfully. The account will no longer associate with and be synced with the Gmail app. Though you are safe to change your Android device, just remove all available accounts following the same steps before doing so.
Sign out of Gmail on iPhone
The process is much like we’ve done on the Android phone above. But I will explain the steps you need to take on your iPhone to log out of the Gmail app. To do so:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Tap the account photo at the top right corner.
- Now tap on the Manage accounts on this device (Your iPhone).
- Under Manage Account tap the Remove from this device button right the account you wanna Sign out from.
- On the confirmation screen tap the Remove option.
You can follow the above-mentioned steps on each iOS device such as an iPad or iPod. Just repeat the steps and you are good to go. However, if you are logged in to your Gmail account in a mobile browser then the procedure is slightly different.
Logout from Gmail on any Mobile Browser
Thousand of users use their Gmail account on their mobile browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera Mini, UC Browser, etc. However, sometimes (because of any reason) you may wanna sign out. I will be using the Firefox browser for this demo. To sign out of your Gmail account on a mobile browser:
- Open your browser and go to gmail.com.
- Tap the Menu bar at the top left corner.
- Now tap your Gmail address at the top.
- Finally, tap on Sign out of all accounts.
Once you do, you are good to go. Keep this in mind the clear the saved passwords in the browser. Chrome and Firefox have this feature, I don’t know about any other browser. Moreover, the procedure of logging out is the same as above.
How to Revoke Access to your Gmail Account
For doing so you only need to PC with a browser and internet. You can simply go to your devices section in your Google account logout from any device e.g Android, iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Linux, and Mac remotely.
This is one of the best and my favorite feature in the Google account. It does not matter anymore if some have stolen your device, you forget it somewhere else. Mostly if you don’t remember where you have used your Gmail account. In such a case you can easily get into the security section of your Google account and revoke access on that specific device.
Let say you have used your Gmail or Google account somewhere in the public, cafe, etc. You suddenly get out of that cafe and left your Gmail account signed in. Now you remember that you should get there and log out of Gmail on that computer. Nowadays you don’t have to, just keep the below procedure in mind and then revoke access to your Gmail account on that device. Now let’s get to the procedure:
- Open your Gmail account on a PC.
- Click your account photo at the top then Manage your Google Account.
- Go to the Security Tab on the left side.
- Scroll down find and click on Manage Devices under the “Your Devices” option.
- Now you will see devices and places where you’ve logged in.
- Simply click the three dots button for more actions.
- You can click on the Don’t recognize this device or Sign out option. The choice is now yours.
It does not matter where you have logged in but you will see the list of devices there. You don’t have that specific device to log out from that manually. Just follow the mentioned steps and remove any device remotely. That is why this is one of my favorite features in the Google account. I use this method to manage and sing out all my devices of mine.
Change your Gmail password and that will automatically revoke access to your Google account across the devices. As it will auto sign you out of Gmail everywhere.
How to Sign out of Gmail on Chromebook
Recently it has been reported in the Google Forum and Chromium Forums that the Sign out option is disappeared. However, people are stuck and they can’t sign out of Chromebook as the button is disappeared from there. There are two ways (possibly) to fix this, log out of Gmail on Chromebook remotely or set the flags as disabled. don’t worry I am gonna show you both the procedure to sign out of Gmail on Chromebook even if the sign out button is disappeared.
Most people are commenting that it is a bug and they are gonna fix it soon. I think it’s not and if it is then you really think they don’t know about it? Strange isn’t it? they will fix it because they have to, as people are starting doesn’t like the Chrome OS anymore. They are worried about their logged-in account, and who should not be.
However, as far as I know, it is not a bug they are testing different things and getting to know the people’s reactions. Anyways I can’t get into it deeper here. Moreover, let’s get to the procedure of fixing it.
- Open Chrome.
- In the search bar type in “chrome://flags/#-chromeos-account-manager” or just open “chrome://flags”.
- Now set flags to be disabled and restart the device.
Give the above options a try as it fixed the solution for many people out there. It is not me saying this, it is mentioned on the official Google Support page for Chromebook.
Fix: Gmail Sign out button disappeared on Chromebook
As I mentioned earlier, there are two possible methods you can try in order to log out of Gmail on a Chromebook. One is mentioned above, and the second method is to log out from the Gmail account on Chromebook remotely. I did not test it but just give it a try, sure it will work, and close the exiting session (do it on your own).
- Open your Gmail account on another PC.
- Click the account photo at the top and then the Manage your Google Account option.
- Now click the Security option at the left and find your device.
- On Your Devices page, find the ChromeOS or Chromebook, then click the three dots at the top right corner of it.
- Finally, click on the Signout, and sure it will fix the problem.
That is it for today’s guys, I have just shown almost every method of signing out your Gmail account. For more information do comment below or contact me.