How to Add IDM Extension In Chrome Manually
Are you looking for tips, and solutions to add the IDM extension in Google Chrome? You are at the right place. Nowadays, most people are facing some problems with IDM. Sometimes the Internet Download Manager may be full of problems in terms of its extension module. However, previously I posted this video (on SociallyPro’s YouTube Channel) which is appreciated by millions.
Moreover, the video now has over 1 million satisfied users already fix their problems with Internet Download Manager. They have added it in their Chrome Browser via Chrome Web Store successfully. Follow Method #4, in case you are in a hurry.
In this article, we are introducing the easiest and best way to add an IDM extension to Google Chrome. Actually, we are explaining those video contents over here so that it can help you too. This will help if you don’t see that IDM bar on your Youtube videos or it’s not showing up etc. It usually happens in all types of Windows, for example, Windows 10, 8, and 7.
For your information, IDM stands for Internet Download Manager. It makes downloading videos very easy and fast. You can download multiple videos from different sites at the same time. Moreover, it has also the option to stop downloading and resume those downloads later on.
Table of Contents
Common Problems with IDM Extension
Here are some problems facing by people while adding the IDM Extension to the Google Chrome browser. Though we are going to address and fix all of the problems in this article:
- IDM bar not showing up at the top right of YouTube videos.
- You have installed IDM, but not integrated with Google Chrome. It’s there but you can’t use it. You are unable to download anything with Internet Download Manager in Chrome.
- You upgrade IDM or upgrades Google Chrome to a new version and IDM stops working suddenly.
- Sometimes IDM integration Module extension is present on the extension page but not working in Google Chrome.
- You are facing this error “Apps, extensions, and user scripts can’t be added from this website”. You may see this message while trying to manually install the IDM extension in Google Chrome.
Reasons for IDM Extension Problems
Sometimes IDM fails to install or did not add its required extension in the Chrome browser automatically. It might happen sometimes due to incompatibility or some other issues. In some cases, Chrome may also block the IDM extension’s installation because of policy issues. You can’t download anything with IDM in Google Chrome if its extension is not properly installed. There could be more at this time, we are just focusing on its extension.
Fix IDM Extension Problems
We will install or add the missing extension of IDM manually in Chrome. So this way you can always go ahead and integrate IDM with Chrome. The best thing is, that IDM will start working in Google Chrome in no time.
Method #1: Through IDM Settings
First thing first, you need to check that you are using the latest version of IDM. Here are the easy steps for checking version details of IDM:
- Open IDM
- Then, right-click on Help
- Next, click on the Check for Updates option.
- If you are using the latest version of IDM it will show the message: “You are using (or on the) the latest version of Internet Download Manager. Please check back again for updates at a later time”.
- In case of using the old version, it will start downloading the new version.
- Once IDM installs its new version. It will automatically add the extension in Chrome in no time.
Note that those users who use its non-registered version, may not update it to the latest version. Because you will lose your registration and then you cannot register unless you have an original copy of the software. So keep this in mind before updating the Internet Download Manager.
Method #2: Via IDM Settings
It happens most of the time. Users do install the Internet Download Manager. Thus they think that everything is done correctly. But there might be some incompatibility or other issues. Due to this the IDM extension is there. But not enabled automatically and the app wants you to check the extension and enable it if you want to. Thus follow the below steps for enabling IDM Browser Integration:
- Open IDM
- left-click on option.
- Next, you need to check if “Use advanced browser integration” is enabled or disabled.
- If disabled, then enable this to add an IDM extension in Google Chrome.
- Also, check that Chrome is enabled under the “Capture downloads from the following browsers” list.
If you see the checkmark in the desired tab, as shown in the above image. Then consider that you have done everything successfully. If not, then enable it and the app will start working automatically. Remember sometimes the app and the browser both need to restart to implement the changes.
Method #3: Through IDMCExt.crx or IDMCExt
If the above two methods do not work, then there is only one way that is you need to install the IDM extension in Google Chrome by following the below simple steps:
- In Chrome click Menu then More Tools.
- Click Extensions.
- Alternatively, type this URL in address bar chrome://extension/.
- Next, open “Windows Explorer” (or File Explorer/This PC/Computer) and go to the following directory: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager”.
- Look for the filenames IDMCExt.CRX or IDMCExt.
- Left-click the IDMCExt file then drag and drop the file on the Chrome extension page.
- Chrome browser will pop up the following message “Extensions, apps, and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue?”.
- Now click Continue, Discard, and Show all. You need to click on Continue.
- It will add the missing IDM Integration Module extension to Google Chrome and you may be able to use IDM in Google Chrome.
This is a manual method back in 2018, how you can give it a try and check if it is working or not. This is for sure that for some users it may work. But if not then still there is hope. Proceed to the next step.
Method #4: Via IDM Integration Module in the Chrome Web Store
In the new version of the Chrome browser, during the installation of the IDM extension manually you may receive such error messages. “Not from the Chrome Web Store. This extension violates the Chrome Web Store Policy”. “Suspicious extensions disabled. To use Chrome Web Store a Gmail or Google Account is a must. In such cases, you can install the IDM Integration Module extension from the Google Chrome Web Store directly.
Note: Most of the users do not see the IDM integration module listed. Don’t worry here is the direct link to adding it to your Chrome browser.
- Visit the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for and add the IDM Integration Module Extension.
- Click on the button “Add to Chrome”.
- Google Chrome will show you a confirmation message.
- Click on the button “Add extension”. Once it is added then restart your browser.
- Get into Extension in Chrome, you will see the IDM Extension has been installed successfully.
That’s it. Finally, it will successfully install the IDM Integration Module extension manually in no time. However, you’ll be able to use IDM (for downloading video, etc) in the Google Chrome web browser without facing any problems. You can also configure the IDM Integration Module extension in Google Chrome by clicking on its “Details” button.
How to Download Videos With IDM
After adding an IDM extension to your web browser, you can download videos through IDM from different sites easily. The following are some steps to download videos using IDM.
- Open any web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, etc).
- Open the video site (e.g. YouTube).
- Play that video that you want to download and look at the top right corner of that video.
- Click on the “Download this video” option (IDM bar).
- Now here select the quality of the video.
- Select the path where you want to download your desired video.
- Click Start download.
- After downloading is finished, go to the download folder and play the video.
Why IDM extension not working in Chrome
The Internet Download Manager extension is working because:
- You are using an outdated version of the app. So make sure you are using the updated version of IDM.
- The browser version is also outdated, please make sure your web browser is updated too.
- disable the antivirus and firewall acceptions in your PC.
- Sometimes the app adds the extension but not enabled it due to some incompatible issues. So check the settings if you have selected and enabled for Google Chrome IDM extension.
In Short, these are the easiest methods to add the IDM Integration Module extension in Google Chrome successfully. If you are still facing problems, then try to reinstall IDM on your computer. Sometimes Google Chrome updates also cause it to not work properly. So, you must know how to add the IDM Integration Module extension in Google Chrome manually.