How to Download Messenger app For PC
Free download and install the latest Facebook Messenger for PC Also for Laptops, Computer, Windows 10, 8, 7, and Desktop. Now just Windows computer but MAC and Linux also. The most popular on the top in ranking in social media apps is Facebook Messenger. I going to show you how to download messenger for pc and install it on your computer.
There are no Bluestacks required neither any similar application. I am going to show you to install the Messenger application without Bluestacks. Let me show the system requirement for the application first. Read How to Hide and Unhide Messages on Messenger.
Table of Contents
What are System Requirements for Installing Messenger on PC?
Below are the requirements:
- Both 32 bit and 64-bit machines are compatible with the application.
- You can install it on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 or MAC and Linux computers without any complications.
- And of course, the most important thing is the internet connection for download and use of the app.
Alternatively, you can get the app on the Microsoft Store. Also, there is a desktop version of the app. You can enjoy it without installing Messenger for your PC. This is also my personal suggestion. So now that you are familiar with the requirements, let download and install Messenger for PC.
Update: Official Messenger App for Desktop
The long wait is over, now you can download and install the official Messenger for the desktop app. To do so please follow these simple steps: Go to Messenger.com/desktop. Then click the Download button. Now the download will start and once completed. Simply run the .exe file as usual and install the official Messenger on your PC.
Unofficial: Download Facebook Messenger for PC
There is an unofficial but trustworthy source from where you can easily grab the installation files of FB Messenger. You can follow the same on MAC or Linux machines. In order to do so, please follow the below steps.
- Visit messengerfordesktop.com.
- Click on the “PC Free Download” button, to download for MAC or Linux click on “Download for other platforms”.
- Now the download should begin, the file size is just 2.26MB.
- After the successful download, just go to your downloads folder in Windows.
- And there you have it the Messenger downloaded the setup on your PC.
Now that we have got our setup file, double click on the .exe file and run it as admin. After that please follow the below steps.
How to Install Facebook Messenger on PC
- Click “Next” on the welcome screen.
- Decline any third-party software installation and click “Next”.
- Now all you need is to set back and wait for the download and automatic installation of the Facebook Messenger application on your PC.
- Please don’t disconnect your internet connection during the process.
- When the process completes clicking on the “Finish” button.
- Again click “Decline” to install any third-party software.
- Finally step, click on the “Close” button.
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed Messenger for PC.
As you can see in the above pictures, we have successfully installed Messenger on our PC. Now it is your turn to download and install Messenger on your Windows computer or laptop. To log in just enter your Messenger username and password and click the continue button. To keep logged in click on the remember browser button while signing in.
Salient Messenger Features On PC
There is every single feature update available in Facebook Messenger for PC. Yes I mean all features are available and you can enjoy them. Some of the major features are below:
- Send and receive files and instant messages.
- Vice, chat, and video/audio calls.
- All blocking and unblocking features.
- Find and manage active contacts.
- All features of message requests are also called Hidden messages, hidden inbox, ignore and unignore conversations, etc.
- Read and unread messages.
- All features of archived chats.
- And much more settings are included.
- Search in conversations.
- Links and photos management and much more.
- Log in and log out, get login alerts.
- Change Messenger skins e.g light, dark theme, review logins and recent activities, and lots of more cool features are included.
So that’s pretty it, you can ask for more features and ask your questions. How was your experience while downloading and installing Facebook Messenger for PC, let me know in the comment below?